You don’t have to be published or even have a finished work to become a JuNoWriMo featured author. Just share a little about yourself and the project you’ll be working on in June!
This year we have only eight spots available, and it’s first-come, first-served.
How to Submit
Write up a simple post about your book and send it to me (Skye). Here’s some things your post could include:
- Some background info on yourself as a writer
- Name, genre, and any other basic info on your JuNo novel (ie: related books, etc.)
- Back story—your inspiration for the story, how you came up with the idea, or why the topic interests you.
- Your Twitter name, Facebook profile, blog URL, or Goodreads author page (if applicable)
- Whether or not you’ve started working on your book yet and if you have, your progress. Also, the progress you hope to make on it during JuNoWriMo. (Obviously 50K words, but are you going to finish it, get it to the halfway point, etc.)
- Photo (if you have an image that goes with the book or if you’d like us to include a headshot, or both)
Don’t get caught up on the details, just think of it as a casual introduction about yourself as a writer and the project you plan on working on this June. If you don’t have a name for your book yet, that’s fine. If you’re a pantser and don’t actually know the synopsis until you start writing–no worries! Just talk about what sparked the idea and where you think you’ll begin.
The post doesn’t have to be long. 500 words is a good length, but your post could be shorter or longer depending on what you have to say. You don’t have to include any links, but we’d love to link to you via the social media outlets and your blog so that others will know where to find you.
One note, we are reserving feature author spots for writers who have not previously been featured on JuNoWriMo.
We want to feature you, so please either leave a comment or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know you’re interested. I’ll even help you edit/proofread your blog post—how much easier can it get? Email me your post ASAP to reserve your spot.