You don’t have to be published or even have a finished work to become a JuNoWriMo featured author. Just share a little about yourself and the project you’ll be working on in June.
We have eight spots available, and it’s first-come, first-served. We will open for submissions starting Friday, May 15th at 2pm Eastern Time. (Why 2pm? It’s to be friendly to the time zones of our participants across the globe.) When we receive 8 qualifying posts, we will close to submissions.
How to Submit
Write up a simple post about your planned project for June and send it to email@example.com. Here’s some things your post could include:
- Some background info on yourself as a writer
- Name, genre, and any other basic info on your JuNo novel (ie: related books, etc.)
- Back story—your inspiration for the story, how you came up with the idea, or why the topic interests you.
- Your Twitter name, Facebook profile, blog URL, or Goodreads author page (if applicable)
- Whether or not you’ve started working on your book yet and if you have, your progress. Also, the progress you hope to make on it during JuNoWriMo. (Obviously 50K words, but are you going to finish it, get it to the halfway point, etc.?)
- Photo(s) (if you have an image that goes with the book or if you’d like us to include a headshot, or both)
Don’t get caught up on the details, just think of it as a casual introduction about yourself as a writer and the project you plan on working on this June. If you don’t have a name for your book yet, that’s fine. If you’re a pantser and don’t actually know the synopsis until you start writing–no worries! Just talk about what sparked the idea and where you think you’ll begin.
The post should be approximately 500 words. Include any social media links you want us to share.
This is open to anyone who has not been previously featured on JuNoWriMo.com. Submit your final post on or after Friday, May 15th at 2pm Eastern Time. (Early submissions will not count!) This is to be fair and give everyone who is interested time to put a post together.